onsdag 16 januari 2013

Why do yoga?

Why should we do yoga? Why not just let it by.
I stared practicing yoga twenty four years ago. In a yoga center located on the main street of Palma de Mallorca. That’s a long time ago and I am very thankful to myself that I did it.
It has been a good thing for me. I have always been a little tens person, always on the run, everything has to happen quickly and preferable five minutes ago. And there is nothing wrong with that, it´s just important to not run all the time, to give your self a break once in a while. 
I practice my one hour yoga program from my Spanish center nearly every day for two years. Then I came back to Iceland and had this feeling that I needed to advance some in my practice. And I took classes for beginners at the Kripalu Center in Reykjavik, it was great and after few months I went to Kripalu Center in Massachussets and took the Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training program. That was one off the best things I have done. And I have been giving classes ever since, here in Stockholm, in Iceland and in Spain.

For me I think it was a vital thing, a great tool to keep calm and be tranquil and be able to have my life under control. Because if you are always running you don’t give your self time to breath and feel.
The calmness off Kripalu Yoga is wonderful. I might have been running all day at work and are even stressing from work to give my Monday classes, but just be getting to the yoga premises and lighting the candles and putting on the music I get calmer, my body and mind works calmer and different. I get in my yoga mood :) And I can see the same thing in my yoginis, how they get calm and relaxed just by getting there. And not to mention when the leave:) They glow from there inner light.  It is just wonderful to be a yoga instructor and get to participate in someone else’s well being.
And it is not only for the calming part that you want to do yoga, it is also a fantastic tool for the body.
You work with your mussels, your nerve system, your digestive system and your blood circulation…. The mere satisfaction of working with our body in a conscious way, to feel every stretch, to feel how
your body comes alive, is worth every movement.    

The Angels says hello with, Beauty, Patience, Simplicity and Light. Hope you have all that in your live:)


Thank you for stopping by today
Jai Bhagwan
Sif    

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar